How To Get A Government Job after Graduation
Know what you want
Know what you want for your life and get yourself prepared. Research the field you are interested in and find out if it is an option for government jobs after graduation. For example, If you want to join Public Affairs, don’t hesitate to look into if there are government jobs available. And if you have enough knowledge about the field you are looking for, then go ahead and apply for it.
- Get to know people working in the sector Start to get to know people in the same sector you are interested in. Ask about jobs.
- Once you have this knowledge, use it. Go ahead and apply for government jobs if the job is available to you.
- Interview well and perfect your CV To get a government job, you should be able to stand for an interview.
Research your desired position
The possibilities of getting a government job after Graduation are infinite. In the present era of technology, there are many opportunities available in the field of law, healthcare, education, manufacturing, public administration, telecommunication, media and many other places. It is important to be prepared before you apply for a government job.
Here are some tips to help you research your desired position. Online: Search for government jobs in that area where you want to go to Use the internet to your advantage. Look for government jobs from websites like ours, jobs4cops, manpower, reach online, jobbing. Use the internet to your advantage. Chat with friends You can share information with your friends.
Network like your future depends on it
If you want to secure a government job after graduation then you have to be persistent, stick around until you land the job. These government jobs are once-in-a-lifetime opportunities and therefore, not everyone will have access to get into the careers that you may desire. What can you do? Begin with your immediate community.
Begin with your church, clubs, community development group, associations, local government and other organizations and try to build up a network around yourself. Build and maintain a good online profile. Start networking with people from your campus who are going to be employed. Start networking with people from your neighbourhood. Keep a good profile at your workplace and actively apply for posts online or offline.
Get Your Resume Noticed
Once you have your resume and cover letter ready to go, you can start getting your resumes noticed at the following places:
- Adia marketing is the right place to send your resume to. This is one of the most reputed names in this field and they have a team of young, creative and skilled personnel that will help you get your resume noticed.
- Corporate and Associations Corporate and Associations is one of the most important avenues to get your resume noticed and recommended by companies and associations. You can send your resume there and let them get in touch with you.
- Government jobs are also an important channel to get your resume noticed.
Get Interview Ready
With the consistent movement of graduates and employees in and out of the job market, it’s a good idea to get a little more in touch with the whole process of developing your interviewing skills. We’ve assembled some ways to ensure your preparation for job interviews will never let you down! Read this quick list of five steps to take to get interview-ready:
- When you wake up in the morning, check the front page of your Facebook page to see if any job alerts are posted.
- When you’re on the bus or train, keep your phone handy so you can check for job alerts throughout the day.
- Take a look at your LinkedIn profile to ensure all your skills and experience are up to date.
- Consistently read articles and posts on your favourite social media networks to keep your skills fresh.
Related Post:- How to get easily government job in India 2021
It is important to fill in the registration form first after getting the job.
Get Your Offer
Now the most fun part of this whole life process is waiting for the call from the government and applying for the post you’ve applied for. After you get an offer from them, then you’re in and you’re living it up in government service. After you fill-up the form properly, they will send you the credentials to be able to authenticate you.
Once you get the credentials, they’ll send you the invitation letter, which is like the document which tells you that you’ve been selected for the post, you are entitled to the role and then that’s all you will need. For admissions, you’re looking at about two months for enrollment, but the package varies according to the size of the department you’re going to join and various other reasons.
Related Post:- Why Government Job better than a Private Job?
Get Your Contract
The contract states all the terms and conditions that you agree on and it gives you references that can be contacted for any concern when working at that department. In case you are a graduate with any of the discipline that requires written or verbal communication, writing your cover letter and the expectations you have.
Get Your Joint Application Finally after getting your contract and joint application, you can start your full-time employment. For a graduate or working spouse who wants to get a job in an agency, your first step is to get full-time employment from the agency where you have joined, or from the public sector or a private organization. Do not want to join an agency, you can work on temporary contracts or as a freelancer.
Graduation is the biggest phase of our lives. It signifies a new and better world for you as it also marks a phase of total responsibility for your future. As it’s a very important phase of your life, it should be done responsibly. Graduation is a stage of independence and freedom. But, as many of you know, it also comes with a lot of responsibilities and decisions to be made.
The commencement of work is the greatest milestone of our lives. As far as your future is concerned, it will decide whether you are going to work or stay unemployed or unemployable. If you want to secure your future, then you need to work on all fronts: the education front, social responsibilities front, occupational front, creative and performance front etc.
Related Post:- Types of Government Jobs & their Benefits in India